Who can receive a nomination: Any renewable-term CIRES employee.
Who is not eligible: CIRES fellows, visiting scientists, students, and post-docs.
Who can nominate: Any colleague or associate of a CIRES employee.
Further details: Details and helpful nomination guidance are listed below.
DEADLINE: Nominations must be received by 12:00 p.m. (noon) MST on Monday, February 10th, 2014. Nominators will receive an email notification of receipt from the Awards Committee.
Award Notification:The Awards Committee, a sub-committee of the CIRES Members' Council (CMC), evaluates the nominations to select candidates who fulfill or exceed the criteria defined for each award category. The Awards Committee presents their recommendations to the CIRES director and CMC for approval. The CIRES Director makes the final determination of the number of awards to be given. Nominators
will be notified by March 17, 2014 whether their candidate was selected for an award.
If you have any questions, please email the Awards Committee email@example.com. Nominations, supporting material and references will NOT be accepted via this address.
Nomination Requirements and Tips
- Nominees for a Service Award may include but are not limited to administrative personnel, project/program managers, outreach personnel, web masters/developers, information technology support personnel, system administrators, user services representatives, writers, and library staff. The Service Award may also include scientists and engineers that perform outstanding service through their outreach activities or other service activities not directly related to scientific research or engineering. Nominees who are directly involved in scientific research or engineering work, either in a lead or support role, such as research scientists and engineers, scientific programmers, GIS developers, data analysts, and instrument developers should be nominated for a Science and Engineering Award. If in doubt for which award category to nominate a CIRES member please contact the Awards Committee for guidance.
- Supporting documentation could include: an electronic copy of a research paper or patent, a letter of commendation from inside or outside the nominee's work place, a link to a web page, photos, etc.
- The awards committee evaluates the quality of the submitted nomination materials almost as much as they evaluate the nominee. A clear presentation specifically addressing the awards criteria may persuade the awards committee of the outstanding qualities of the candidate.
- All nomination materials must be submitted by 12:00 p.m. (noon) MST on Monday, February 10, 2014. Nominations received after this deadline will be rejected.
- You will get a confirmation email after submission. Please email the Awards Committee firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received a conformation email.
- The Awards Committee receives many nominations that must be reviewed in a timely manner and thus will not have time to evaluate in detail large quantities of support text, complex web sites, or lengthy research papers.