Outstanding Performance Awards
The CIRES Outstanding Performance Awards are targeted at projects that are novel, high impact and show remarkable creativity or resourcefulness.
In the Science and Engineering category this may involve any work that is related to the scientific process (forming and testing hypotheses to further our understanding of the environmental sciences). Examples of such work and description of traits leading to exceptional work include:
- Development of new scientific, engineering and/or software tools or models directly resulting in novel research valuable to CIRES and the wider scientific community.
- Uncommon initiative, resourcefulness, and/or scientific creativity conducting research with potential to expand or change the direction of a particular field or discipline.
- Participation in collaborative and/or multidisciplinary research that engages a broader cross-section than the nominee’s typical scientific or engineering community.
Projects in the Science and Engineering category are often associated with published or forthcoming results in the peer reviewed literature. Please include in the application any relevant scientific references or press coverage the work received.
In the Service category this may involve any work that facilitates, supports, enhances, or promotes work in the environmental sciences, such as:
- Implementation of a creative or innovative idea, device, process, or system that aids in research, teaching, or outreach at CIRES.
- Development or improvement of a service that increases the efficiency, quality or visibility of scientific research or outreach.
- Providing a service that promotes or inspires excellence and dedication to research performed at CIRES or in the wider community.
Projects in the Service category are successful because of the utility they have within the community. Please include any letters of support or supplemental material that may aid the committee in appreciating the value of the service provided.
We have many outstanding members in CIRES ... let's honor them!Go to top of page