Integrated Instrument Development Facility
The CIRES/Chemistry Integrated Instrument Development Facility is multi-faceted, consisting of design, precision machine, electronics and scientific glassblowing shops dedicated to the design and fabrication of scientific instrumentation. IIDF specializes in complete instrument development, from theory to testing.
- University Departments and Programs, including Chemistry & Biochemistry, Psycology, Physics, Geography, INSTAAR, EPOB, MCDB, Health Sciences, ATOC, Bioserve, Molecular, Celular and Developmental Biology and all of the Engineering departments (Aerospace, Civil, Computer, Electrical, and Mechanical).
- University Institutes, including CIRES, JILA, LASP and CASA.
- Federal Laboratories, including NOAA/AL, NOAA/CMDL, NIST, USGS, NREL, and the Max Planck Institute.
- Other Universities, including the Colorado School of Mines, Iowa State, Ohio State, Michigan, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Oberlin College, Wisconsin, Fribourg, National Tsing Hua, and Köln.
- Corporations, including Aerospace,Thermo BioStar, Astralux, ITN Energy Systems, QMB Devices, 2B Technologies, Quantum Magnetics, and ADA Technologies
Directions to IIDF at the University of Colorado in Boulder
Traveling west on US Highway 36 to Boulder, take the Baseline Exit. At Baseline turn left and travel west to Broadway (stay in the right lane). Turn right on Broadway and travel northwest to Euclid Street. Turn right at Euclid and continue to the Euclid Parking facility on the left. The parking facility is open from 7 a.m. through midnight and charges $1.50/hour from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and $2/entry after hours and on the weekends.
To reach IIDF Shops, follow the arrows to the CIRES Atrium. Proceed to the stairs on the left and follow the signs to the basement level shop rooms S1B50, S1B70, and S1B25.
Go to top of page