About Education and Outreach
We are the engagement services support arm of CIRES. Our mission is to help people connect with CIRES to increase the use and understanding of science for a sustainable future. We help CIRES make contributions to education, training, learning resources, evaluation and community building. Meet the Outreach Staff
What We Do
The values that guide our strategies and activities include:
- Contribution to our communities
- Respect for community needs
- Development of relationships
- Accurate, relevant, foundational, and timely science
- Attention to detail, execution, and improvement
We employ a variety of strategies to enact our values and vision:
- We engage established scientists, early career scientists, and cutting edge science in service to the community.
- We focus primarily on projects for educators, districts and schools, communities of practice, and leaders to get the biggest multiplier effect from our work.
- We provide opportunities for training and professional development for our scientists.
- We provide education that meets audience needs.
- We focus on longer-term projects in order to give time for learning and relationships to grow.
- We improve our professional capabilities through evaluation, partnerships, professional development, and strategic service work.
- We work towards continuous improvement of our technical and management systems.
Meet Our Staff
CIRES Education and Outreach
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0449
8:00 am to 5:00 pm -- fall and spring semesters