Solar Dynamics Observatory - EVE
The SDO-EVE project promotes education and public outreach on the cutting-edge research and groundbreaking data of the NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) mission.
The SDO-EVE project was funded by NASA on behalf of the University of Colorado’s Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) Extreme Ultraviolet Variability Experiment (EVE), which is one of three instruments on the SDO satellite.
The SDO-EVE project explores:
- What are some of the natural effects of the sun-earth relationship?
- How do scientists research the sun and its solar activity?
- What are the causes and effects of solar activity and space weather?
- Why is understanding and predicting solar activity and space weather important?
- How are the earth, living things, and society impacted by space weather?
- Can solar activity and space weather be accurately forecasted?
NASA award number NAS5-02140