|Pielke Home | People | Publications | Images | Courses | News | Links | Contact|
|RESEARCH GROUPS @ CIRES >|
Course Taught (Fall 2003)
AT730 - Mesoscale Modeling
Location: Room 100, Atmospheric Science
11:00 - 12:15 T,R
MESOSCALE METEOROLOGICAL MODELING by Roger A. Pielke Sr.
Hardcover - 676 pages 2nd Edition 2002
Academic Press; ISBN: 0125547668
- August 28, 2003
- Chris Castro will present the downscaling discussion, and we will work on Chapter 2. Please read the chapter prior to class.
- Please send the name of your parameterization to email@example.com. The list will be added below.
- Please let me know usual times during the week when you cannot
meet for make-up classes. Also, for those of you who are unsure as to what parameterization
to choose for your project, please schedule a meeting with me to discuss.
- Please let me know usual times during the week when you cannot meet for make-up classes. Also, for those of you who are unsure as to what parameterization to choose for your project, please schedule a meeting with me to discuss.
- September 2, 2003
- September 9, 2003
- No class today - make-up class will be scheduled later. Meanwhile, please settle on your parameterization, if not already selected. I will be glad to meet with you on this if you would like. Let me know.
- Chapter 5 is the reading assigment.
- September 16, 2003
- Problems 6 and 7 on page 346 have been assigned as a joint class project. Please work together to complete (I suggest 1 person program #6, a separate person analyze the results, and a third person report to class. A different three (or a different combination do #7).
- Giovanni will also analyze the advection form he mentioned in class today.
- We will continue with Chapter 10 at 10 a.m. on Thursday, September 18.
18, 2003, Thursday
- Continue with Chapter 10.
TO CLASS - September 18, 2003
- Our next class will be Friday Sept 26th at 10 a.m. in Room 100. For the assignment, please find a modeling paper which uses "resolution" inappropriately and prepare to report on this on Friday. Also, the progress of your parameterization review. The first part of your work (on dissecting your chosen scheme) should be reported on starting the week of October 21st.
- Let Dallas know the name of your parameterization project to add to the list below. So far there are only 2 on the list.
26, 2003 - Friday
- Report on inappropriate use of "resolution" in modeling papers
- Report on progress of parameterization review.
- "New Fu-Liou Code" (Toshi Matsui)
- "Breakdown of the
Harrington Scheme" (Giovanni Leoncini)
Nondiscrimination Policy Legal and Trademarks