COVID-related information for CIRES employees
CIRES is working with CU Boulder and NOAA to protect employees and curb the spread of COVID-19.
Links to check regularly
- CU Boulder COVID-19 Updates and Resouces
- CU Boulder Surveillance Testing
- CIRES employees may go to campus surveillance testing sites without notification to CIRES
- The Buff Pass daily health check is not required
- If you have symptoms, please do NOT go to a campus surveillance testing site (more info in FAQs below)
- You may bring your immediate family/household members to campus for free surveillance testing (updated May 14, 2021)
- CU Boulder Research and Innovation Office (RIO) COVID website
Other Quick Links:
- Boulder County weekly updates
- Governor’s Facebook Page
- Safer At Home Guide
- Colorado's Exposure Notification App
Procedures for returning to campus or NOAA
For faculty (including research faculty), students, and postdocs working on CU Boulder Campus:
- You must discuss your return to in-person work with your supervisor.
- Note: The CIRES building (not including the labs) is expected to be closed late-May through all of June 2021 for air handling system replacement. Please do not return to your office in the CIRES building at this time.
For Administrative Team members working on CU Boulder Campus:
- CIRES Admin staff may not yet return to in-person work (pending submission of a safety plan to Campus HR and approval of the plan).
For those working at NOAA/DSRC:
- All staff working in DSRC are required to follow DOC and NOAA guidelines as well as the DSRC Reintegration Plan and addendums.
- Currently, DSRC is operating in Phase 1 (essential and critical work only) and any access to the DOC campus and DSRC must be approved by the laboratory or program leadership on site. Please consult with your laboratory or program leadership if you have questions or concerns.
- If you are already approved to be back at work in the DSRC, you do not need to fill out the Buff Pass daily any longer, and you do not need to do weekly COVID surveillance testing (but if you wish to continue to get tested, you may).
- If you are not yet approved to return to work at the DSRC, please consult your supervisor and NOAA leadership before changing your workplace.
- For a one-time visit to DSRC, you still need NOAA approval but you no longer need to request CIRES approval.