Feb 2020 Participant Feedback
2020 Workshop Dates:
Session 1: February 5th
Session 2: February 10th
Session 3: February 12th
Day 1: Introduction to risk management, preparation and incident response, institutional practices.
Day 2: Creating a positive learning environment, decision making styles, leadership as a shared responsibility, resolving tension in the field, codes of conduct.
Day3: Improving workplace climate: addressing harassment and bullying in science.
- The workshop was a great success. Everyone coming together to share ideas and learn together.
- The best part of the workshop was doing the role playing scenario, it helped me identify my lack of confidence in a fast-paced emergency.
- I have definitely worked in situations where I know there would have been some serious eye rolling if we had tried to talk about how we could make sure everyone felt included and no one got hurt feelings ;) So having some examples of how to frame this type of discussion in a way that resonates with people was really useful.
- I liked the flow of presentation, discussion and questions. It felt like a very safe sharing space.
- It was very useful to understand the steps involved in planning and executing risk management strategies.
- The best of the workshop was creating a culture of risk management not safety.
- The discussion of microaggressions was the best part of the workshop because handling these situations is not intuitive and I really value training around these kinds of uncomfortable situations.
Header Photo credit: Horst Machguth