CIRES welcomes applications for a Developer / DevOps Engineer to work with key stakeholders to develop and maintain internal business applications, as well as work closely with team members to streamline the current development environment.
This role implements and manages a development and production infrastructure utilizing current DevOps standards. Maintaining a working knowledge of business application code development, this role provides training and insight to other team members in order to meet development deadlines.
Who we are:
CIRES is an internationally recognized leader in innovative environmental science and research at the University of Colorado Boulder. Partnering with NOAA and the University of Colorado Boulder, we work to understand the dynamic Earth system, including people’s relationship with the planet. Our areas of expertise include weather and climate, changes at the Earth’s poles, air quality and atmospheric chemistry, water resources, and solid Earth science. Our vision is to be instrumental in ensuring a sustainable future environment by advancing scientific and societal understanding of the Earth system. To learn more about CIRES, see our video at http://cires.colorado.edu/about.
- Prepare, manage and deploy custom software created in-house
- Create and Review MySQL Schemas including new tables and modification of current table
- Create and review Class Diagrams and cross application communication
- Track and manage bug reports for custom software
- Provide both internal and external software documentation with high-code readability
- Work with development team to encourage best practices for continuous delivery and configuration management and to identify missing tools and automation.
- Provide application support to all CIRES members via Help Desk, email, phone, and in-person
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or Information Technology) or equivalent combination of education and work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- 1+ years in building UI development that is intuitive, and working with users to meet UI/UX goals
- Experience in developing code that meets current security standards
- 1+ years in implementing software/hardware to accommodate business needs
- Experience writing and optimizing MySQL Queries
What you will need:
- Ability to work well in teams and with end-users
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to provide both internal and external software documentation with high-code readability
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience with NoSQL or other unstructured database frameworks
- Experience creating and deploying Docker containers
- Advanced knowledge in Linux monitoring, troubleshooting and administration.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, C.
- Experience in end-user training via both in-person and virtual training sessions
- Experience in PHP, MySQL or like development environment
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing a development and production environment with unit testing and automated deployment and versioning tools (GIT)
- Familiarity with BASH, CSH and common Linux Shells
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
What we can offer:
We can offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be strategic. Be collaborative. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please apply by April 1, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions: To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12850.
Please do not upload references at this time.