Changing Arctic Ecosystem
Rising global temperatures and declining sea ice has likely impacted the Arctic ecosystem in ways that are not currently well understood. The "Changing Arctic Ecosystem" curriculum challenges students to trace the flow of carbon, from algae to polar bears, to predict how the Arctic food web may change in response to the rapid decline of sea ice.
- Register for this FREE 2-day teacher workshop Today!
- Workshop dates: August 3-4, 10 am - 2 pm MT each day
In this FREE teacher workshop, you’ll hear from MOSAiC scientists and the curriculum developers as they lead you through "Changing Arctic Ecosystem”, a curriculum tied to NGSS Life Science standards in which students track the flow of carbon through the Arctic food web to predict how declining sea ice might impact the Arctic ecosystem. Engage with 360° virtual expeditions, authentic Arctic datasets, ArcGIS Storymaps and more in this 2-day online teacher workshop.
- For additional information about the workshop, please refer to the course syllabus.
- Continuing Education: Certificate for 10 hours of professional development
- Graduate Credit: Option to purchase 1 graduate credit from the University of Colorado Boulder ($80)
- Contact: email@example.com