The Future of Forests Curriculum Workshop - June 22-23, 2021
As wildfires continue to ravage the west, burning more and more of the landscape, many are left wondering, how will these fire-affected forests will recover? In this FREE teacher workshop, CIRES curriculum developers lead participants through “The Future of Forests”, a MS/HS curriculum connected to NGSS life science standards that explores patterns of post-fire recovery (or lack thereof) across the west and inspires classrooms to engage in citizen science using NASA's GLOBE Observer land cover app. Participants will engage with online interactives from the National Forest Service, authentic datasets, and App-based labs in this 2-day online teacher workshop.
- Register for this FREE 2-day teacher workshop today!
- June 22-23, 10 am - 2 pm MT each day
- Continuing Education: Certificate for 10 hours of professional development
- Graduate Credit: 1 graduate credit from the University of Colorado Boulder ($80)
- Contact: email@example.com