Science@Home Sea Ice w/ Walt Meier
Dr. Walt Meier will present on: Sea Ice - What it is? Why do we study it?
Walt is a senior research scientist at the National Snow and Ice Data Center. His research focuses on:
- Enhancement and application of Lagrangian tracking of sea ice parcels for investigation of Arctic change
- Development of new sea ice climate indicators to inform policymakers
- Development and validation of operational sea ice products from AMSR2
- Evaluation of sea ice concentration uncertainty estimates from passive microwave data
- Near-real-time analysis of Arctic sea ice and climate conditions