Patricia (Patty) is a scientist, museologist, and evaluator. She holds two master's degrees from the University of Washington in Biology and Museology. Her passions include learning from public audiences about how to make STEM programs fun and accessible and helping organizations develop informal STEM programs.
She has evaluated programs and exhibits for museums and educational organizations such as the Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, Museum of Science Boston, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, and the National Aquarium. She volunteers for the Visitor Studies Association, and is a member of the STEM Education and Training topical interest group at the American Evaluation Association. At CIRES she manages We are Water, a project funded by the National Science Foundation Advancing Informal STEM Learning program, and provides evaluation services for colleagues at CU Boulder.
- University of Washington, M.S. Biology, M.A. Museology
- Occidental College, B.A. Biology
- Certificates in Analytic Evaluation Methods and Nonprofit Management
- Program Manager, CIRES Education and Outreach, University of Colorado
- Independent Evaluation Consultant
- Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting Advisor | Gender Advisor, United States Agency for International Development | Mozambique
- Program Manager, Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education, Association of Science-Technology Centers
- Evaluator, Audience Viewpoints Consulting