In this lesson, students investigate whether other parts of the world are changing and getting hotter just like Colorado.
Context for Use
This is the fourth lesson in the Climate Resiliency Education Middle School Climate Unit.
What Students Will Do
Students will better understand the concept of albedo and climate change globally.
- (10 minutes) Consensus Building Discussion: Reorient students in the story line.
- (10 minutes) Data analysis: Albedo around the world
- (10 minutes) Data analysis: Temperature in other parts of the US
- (20 minutes) Data analysis: Temperature in other parts around the world
- (15 minutes) Draw and explain: Create a model of what we know so far.
- (10 minutes) Reflection and brainstorm: Debrief and generate ideas for the next steps in the investigation.