In this lesson, students explore reasons why temperatures in particular Colorado cities are rising.
Context for Use
This is the second lesson in the Climate Resiliency Education Middle School Climate Unit.
What Students Will Do
Students will learn what changes in land use are happening and how changes in surface color affects temperatures in cities.
- (10 minutes) Consensus Building Discussion: Remind students what they learned in previous lesson.
- (15 minutes) Sharing Initial Ideas Discussion: Generate ideas for this lesson.
- (25 minutes) Data analysis: Look for patterns in temperature, precipitation, and population data in Colorado cities.
- (5 minutes) Building Understanding Discussion: Debrief on data analysis.
- (5 minutes) Brainstorm: Generate ideas for next steps in the investigation.