This lesson explores what changes in land use are happening and how changes in surface color affects temperatures in cities.
Context for Use
This is the third lesson in the Climate Resiliency Education MS Climate Unit.
Students will better understand the concept of albedo.
- (15 minutes) Consensus Building Discussion: Reorient students in the storyline.
- (35 minutes) Picture comparisons: Compare pairs of pictures of areas that have increased in population over the last 30 or so years.
- (50 minutes) Color and Temperature (Parts A & B): Try to replicate color and temperature connections in the lab.
- (15 minutes) Reflection: Debrief on the color and temperature lab.
- (10 minutes) Brainstorm: Generate ideas for next steps in the investtigation.