- Atmospheric chemistry
- Biomass burning
- Gas kinetics
- Air quality
- Atmospheric chemistry of biomass burning compounds (mainly furan and phenol derivatives). The studies include measurements of the rate coefficients for the reactions with OH radical, Cl atom and measurements of UV absorption spectra, photolysis quantum yields to estimate atmospheric lifetimes. Reaction product studies are also being carried out in order to understand the details of the reaction mechanism.
- Measurement of the infrared spectra, atmospheric lifetimes and global warming potentials (GWPs) of perfluorinated compounds to assess their suitability as replacements of the CFCs and Halon compounds.
- Atmospheric chemistry of halogenated compounds found in the arctic region.
- Chattopadhyay A; Papadimitriou VC; Burkholder JB. (Apr 2023). OH reaction rate coefficients, infrared spectra, and climate metrics for (; E; )‐ and (; Z; )‐ 2‐perfluoroheptene (2‐C; 7; F; 14; ) and 3‐perfluoroheptene (3‐C; 7; F; 14; ). International Journal of Chemical Kinetics. 10.1002/kin.21643
- Mondal K; Chattopadhyay A; Bhattacharya I; Chatterjee P; Mandal S; Chakraborty T. (Jan 2023). Photooxidation of 2-Pentanone in the Gas Phase: Photo-Products, Reaction Mechanism, OH Reaction Kinetics, and Atmospheric Implication. ACS Earth and Space Chemistry. 10.1021/acsearthspacechem.2c00316
- Chattopadhyay A; Assaf E; Finewax Z; Burkholder JB. (Dec 2022). UV absorption spectrum of monochlorodimethyl sulfide (CH3SCH2Cl). Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry , 433. 10.1016/j.jphotochem.2022.114214
- Chattopadhyay A; Bedjanian Y; Romanias MN; Eleftheriou AD; Melissas VS; Papadimitriou VC; Burkholder JB. (Aug 2022). OH Radical and Chlorine Atom Kinetics of Substituted Aromatic Compounds: 4-chlorobenzotrifluoride (p-ClC6H4CF3). The Journal of Physical Chemistry A: Isolated Molecules, Clusters, Radicals, and Ions; Environmental Chemistry, Geochemistry, and Astrochemistry; Theory. 10.1021/acs.jpca.2c04455
- Mondal K; Biswas S; Chattopadhyay A; Chatterjee P; Chakraborty T. (Aug 2021). Gas-Phase Oxidation of NO2 to HNO3 by Phenol: Atmospheric Implications. ACS Earth and Space Chemistry. 10.1021/acsearthspacechem.1c00167
- Chattopadhyay A; Gierczak T; Marshall P; Papadimitriou VC; Burkholder JB. (Feb 2021). Kinetic fall-off behavior for the Cl + Furan-2,5-dione (C4H2O3, maleic anhydride) reaction. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics , 23(8), 4901-4911. 10.1039/d0cp06402e
- Chattopadhyay A; Papadimitriou VC; Marshall P; Burkholder JB. (May 2020). Temperature-dependent rate coefficients for the gas-phase OH + furan-2,5-dione (C4H2O3, maleic anhydride) reaction. International Journal of Chemical Kinetics , 52(10), 623-631. 10.1002/kin.21387
- Chattopadhyay A; Samanta M; Mondal K; Chakraborty T. (May 2018). Mid-infrared quantum cascade laser spectroscopy probing of the kinetics of an atmospherically significant radical reaction, CH3O2 + NO2 + M -> CH3O2NO2 + M, in the gas phase. Journal of Chemical Sciences (Bangalore) , 130(5). 10.1007/s12039-018-1451-2
- Mukhopadhyay DP; Biswas S; Chattopadhyay A; Chakraborty T. (Apr 2018). Conformational Preference Determined by C-H center dot center dot center dot pi Interaction of an O-H center dot center dot center dot O Hydrogen-Bonded Binary Complex of p-Fluorophenol with 2,5-Dihydrofuran: A Laser-Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy Study. The Journal of Physical Chemistry A: Isolated Molecules, Clusters, Radicals, and Ions; Environmental Chemistry, Geochemistry, and Astrochemistry; Theory , 122(15), 3787-3797. 10.1021/acs.jpca.8b01384
- Chattopadhyay A; Mondal K; Samanta M; Chakraborty T. (May 2017). Photoisomerization of a small cyclic ketone in the vapor phase. Chemical Physics Letters , 675, 104-110. 10.1016/j.cplett.2017.03.016
- Chattopadhyay A; Mondal K; Samanta M; Chakraborty T. (May 2017). Photooxidation of cyclohexanone in simulated atmosphere: A potential source of atmospheric formic acid. Atmospheric Environment , 157, 125-134. 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2017.03.007
- Chattopadhyay A; Chatterjee P; Chakraborty T. (Jul 2015). Photo-oxidation of Acetone to Formic Acid in Synthetic Air and Its Atmospheric Implication. The Journal of Physical Chemistry A: Isolated Molecules, Clusters, Radicals, and Ions; Environmental Chemistry, Geochemistry, and Astrochemistry; Theory , 119(29), 8146-8155. 10.1021/acs.jpca.5b04905
- Ghosh AK; Chattopadhyay A; Mukhopadhyay A; Chakraborty T. (Mar 2013). Isomeric effects on fragmentations of crotonaldehyde and methacrolein in low-energy electron-molecule collisions. Chemical Physics Letters , 561, 24-30. 10.1016/j.cplett.2013.01.026