J. Toby Minear
Dr. Minear completed his undergraduate degree at Colorado College and later received Masters and PhD degrees from the University of California, Berkeley. Before joining CIRES, Dr. Minear worked as a Research Hydrologist at the United States Geological Survey at the California Water Science Center and the National Research Program. Dr. Minear works on a variety of river research and hydrodynamic modeling projects in California and the Western U.S., including the San Joaquin River, Trinity River, Klamath River, Merced River in Yosemite National Park, and Elwha River Dam Removal Project. Dr. Minear is a Science Team and Cal/Val Team member for the upcoming NASA Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) Mission and serves on the U.S. Subcommittee on Sedimentation.
- Montazem, AS; Garambois, PA; Calmant, S; Finaud-Guyot, P; Monnier, J; Moreira, DM; Minear, JT; Biancamaria, S (2019), Wavelet-Based River Segmentation Using Hydraulic Control-Preserving Water Surface Elevation Profile Properties. Version: 1 GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS 46 (12) 6534-6543, issn: 0094-8276, doi: 10.1029/2019GL082986
- Langhorst, T; Payelskyl, TM; Frasson, RPD; Wei, R; Domeneghetti, A; Altenau, EH; Durand, MT; Minear, JT; Wegmann, KW; Fuller, MR (2019), Anticipated Improvements to River Surface Elevation Profiles From the Surface Water and Ocean Topography Mission. Version: 1 FRONTIERS IN EARTH SCIENCE 7 , Art. No. UNSP 102, issn: 2296-6463, doi: 10.3389/feart.2019.00102
- Wright, SA; Minear, JT (2019), Dam effects on bedload transport on the upper Santa Ana River, California, and implications for native fish habitat. Version: 1 RIVER RESEARCH AND APPLICATIONS 35 (6) 632-645, issn: 1535-1459, doi: 10.1002/rra.3443
- Wyman, MT, MJ Thomas, RR McDonald, AR Hearn, RD Battleson, ED Chapman, P Kinzel, JT Minear, EA Mora, JM Nelson, MD Pagel and AP Klimley (2018), Fine-scale habitat selection of green sturgeon (Acipenser medirostris) within three spawning locations in the Sacramento River, California. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. Version: 1 75 (5) 779-791, issn: 0706-652X, ids: GD8XY, doi: 10.1139/cjfas-2017-0072
- Stewart, JR, B Livneh, JR Kasprzyk, B Rajagopalan, JT Minear and WJ Raseman (2017), A Multialgorithm Approach to Land Surface Modeling of Suspended Sediment in the Colorado Front Range. J. Adv. Model. Earth Syst. Version: 1 9 (7) 2526-2544, issn: 1942-2466, ids: FS9DE, doi: 10.1002/2017MS001120, PubMed ID: 29399268
- Frasson, RPD, R Wei, M Durand, JT Minear, A Domeneghetti, G Schumann, BA Williams, E Rodriguez, C Picamilh, C Lion, T Payelsky and PA Garamboi (2017), Automated River Reach Definition Strategies: Applications for the Surface Water and Ocean Topography Mission. Water Resour. Res. Version: 1 53 (10) 8164-8186, issn: 0043-1397, ids: FR0FE, doi: 10.1002/2017WR020887