- Serreze MC; Gustafson J; Barrett AP; Druckenmiller ML; Fox S; Voveris J; Stroeve J; Sheffield B; Forbes BC; Rasmus S. (Oct 2021). Arctic rain on snow events: bridging observations to understand environmental and livelihood impacts. Environmental Research Letters , 16(10). 10.1088/1748-9326/ac269b
- Fox S; Qillaq E; Angutikjuak I; Tigullaraq DJ; Kautuk R; Huntington H; Liston GE; Elder K. (Sep 2020). Connecting understandings of weather and climate: steps towards co-production of knowledge and collaborative environmental management in Inuit Nunangat. Arctic Science , 6(3), 267-278. 10.1139/as-2019-0010
- Huntington, HP; Carey, M; Apok, C; Forbes, BC; Fox, S; Holm, LK; Ivanova, A; Jaypoody, J; Noongwook, G; Stammler, F. (Apr 2019). Climate change in context: putting people first in the Arctic. REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE , 19(4). 10.1007/s10113-019-01478-8
- Huntington, HP, PA Loring, G Gannon, SF Gearheard, SC Gerlach and LC Hamilton. (Feb 2018). Staying in place during times of change in Arctic Alaska: the implications of attachment, alternatives, and buffering. REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE , 18(2). 10.1007/s10113-017-1221-6
- Huntington, HP, A Begossi, SF Gearheard, B Kersey, PA Loring, T Mustonen, PK Paudel, RAM Silvano and R Vave. (Jan 2017). How small communities respond to environmental change: patterns from tropical to polar ecosystems. ECOLOGY AND SOCIETY , 22(3).
- Johnson, N., Gearheard, S., Natanine, J., and Elverum, S. (Jan 2016). Community actions to address seismic testing in Nunavut, Canada Building capacity for involvement. , 38(3). 10.17730/0888-4552-38.3.13
- Johnson, N, L Alessa, C Behe, F Danielsen, S Gearheard, V Gofman-Wallingford, A Kliskey, EM Kruemmel, A Lynch, T Mustonen, P Pulsifer and M Svobode. (Jan 2015). The Contributions of Community-Based Monitoring and Traditional Knowledge to Arctic Observing Networks: Reflections on the State of the Field. ARCTIC , 68. 10.14430/arctic4447
- Pulsifer P; Gearheard S; Huntington H; Parsons M; Mcneave C; Mccann H. (Jan 2012). The role of data management in engaging communities in Arctic research: overview of the Exchange for Local Observations and Knowledge of the Arctic (ELOKA). Polar Geography , 35(3-4), 271-290. 10.1080/1088937X.2012.708364
- Huntington HP; Gearheard S; Mahoney AR; Salomon AK. (Dec 2011). Integrating Traditional and Scientific Knowledge through Collaborative Natural Science Field Research: Identifying Elements for Success. Arctic , 64(4), 437-445.
- Gearheard, S, C Aporta, G Aipellee and K O'Keefe. (Dec 2011). The Igliniit project: Inuit hunters document life on the trail to map and monitor arctic change. CANADIAN GEOGRAPHER-GEOGRAPHE CANADIEN , 55(1). 10.1111/j.1541-0064.2010.00344.x
- Weatherhead, E, S Gearheard and RG Barry. (Aug 2010). Changes in weather persistence: Insight from Inuit knowledge. GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE-HUMAN AND POLICY DIMENSIONS , 20(3). 10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2010.02.002
- Gearheard, S, M Pocernich, R Stewart, J Sanguya and HP Huntington. (May 2010). Linking Inuit knowledge and meteorological station observations to understand changing wind patterns at Clyde River, Nunavut. CLIMATIC CHANGE , 100(2). 10.1007/s10584-009-9587-1
- Mahoney, A, S Gearheard, T Oshima and T Qillaq. (Mar 2009). SEA ICE THICKNESS MEASUREMENTS FROM A COMMUNITY-BASED OBSERVING NETWORK. BULLETIN OF THE AMERICAN METEOROLOGICAL SOCIETY , 90(3). 10.1175/2008BAMS2696.1
- Huntington, HP, S Gearheard, M Druckenmiller and A Mahoney. (Jan 2009). Community-Based Observation Programs and Indigenous and Local Sea Ice Knowledge. FIELD TECHNIQUES FOR SEA ICE RESEARCH.
- Gearheard, S. (Feb 2008). A change in the weather. NATURAL HISTORY , 117(1).
- Gearheard, S and J Shirley. (Mar 2007). Challenges in community-research relationships: Learning from natural science in Nunavut. ARCTIC , 60(1).
- Gearheard, S, W Matumeak, I Angutikjuaq, J Maslanik, HP Huntington, J Leavitt, DM Kagak, G Tigullaraq and RG Barry. (Jun 2006). Its not that simple: A collaborative comparison of sea ice environments, their uses, observed changes, and adaptations in barrow, Alaska, USA, and Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada. AMBIO , 35(4). 10.1579/0044-7447(2006)35[203:INTSAC]2.0.CO;2
- Gearheard SF. (Mar 2005). Relations between traditional knowledge and western science. The Canadian Geographer , 49(1), 114-115.