Tony Liao is a marine science educator in the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) at University of Colorado Boulder and is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Education Society (IEEE Education Society). He is also a visiting associate professor in the International College of Semiconductor Technology at Taiwan National Chiao Tung University. His research interests span both education and computer technologies. Much of his work has been on improving the education technologies and the performance of the computer technologies.
1. Development of a hazardous weather monitoring and forecast system Pursuant to the Agreement between the American Institute in Taiwan and the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in the United States for Technical Cooperation in Meteorology and Forecast Systems Development
2. Using Science On a Sphere© or Science On a Sphere© Explorer to do the science education
Honors and Awards
- NOAA/GSD Director’s Directed Research Fund 2016
- Governor’s Award for High-Impact Research 2017
- Liao, WW; Hackathorn, EJ; Wang, SEF (2020), A Study of Applying a 3D Instructional Software of Popular Science (Science On a Sphere Explorer) in Earth Science Education of an Elementary School. Version: 1 2020 22ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCED COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICACT): DIGITAL SECURITY GLOBAL AGENDA FOR SAFE SOCIETY! 22nd IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT) 503-506, Pyeongchang, SOUTH KOREA, FEB 16-19, 2020, issn: 1738-9445, isbn: 979-11-88428-04-5