WenWei Liao (廖文偉), Ph.D., is a senior research associate of CIRES at University of Colorado Boulder. He is also a senior member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) education society. Dr. Liao currently serves as a Project Manager that focuses on international cooperation, mainly dedicated for the related case of the CWB (Central Weather Bureau) of Taiwan.
1. Development of a hazardous weather monitoring and forecast system Pursuant to the Agreement between the American Institute in Taiwan and the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in the United States for Technical Cooperation in Meteorology and Forecast Systems Development
2. Using Science On a Sphere© or Science On a Sphere© Explorer to do the science education
Honors and Awards
- NOAA/GSD Director’s Directed Research Fund 2016
- Governor’s Award for High-Impact Research 2017
- Lee Y-J; Hall D; Liu Q; Liao W-W; Huang M-C. (May 2021). Interpretable tropical cyclone intensity estimation using Dvorak-inspired machine learning techniques. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence , 101, 104233-104233. 10.1016/j.engappai.2021.104233
- Liao, WW; Hackathorn, EJ; Wang, SEF. (Jan 2020). A Study of Applying a 3D Instructional Software of Popular Science (Science On a Sphere Explorer) in Earth Science Education of an Elementary School. 2020 22ND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCED COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICACT): DIGITAL SECURITY GLOBAL AGENDA FOR SAFE SOCIETY!.
- Lu, T., Yu-Ju Lee, Wen-Wei Liao. (Jan 2019). Towards Denial-of-Service Memory Vulnerabilities. 10.17706/jsw.14.9.423-436