Public lecture: Fostering Community Dialogue was presented by Boulder Talks director Phaedra Pezzullo and co-director Leah Sprain of the Department of Communication at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Workshop: Drs. Pezzullo and Sprain co-led the associated workshop for graduate students and postdocs after the lecture.
The Engaged Scientist series is coordinated by CU's new Albert A. Bartlett Center for Science Communication, CIRES Education and Outreach, INSTAAR, and Learn More About Climate at the Office for Outreach and Engagement.
Context for Use
This workshop was part of the Engaged Scientist Series. Although the workshop has concluded, resources are available below.
The goals of this workshop were to:
- Discuss the possibilities and limitations around science, communication and democracy
- Analyze real world clips of scientists communicating during community dialogues
- Resolve engagement dilemmas
- Practice framing your research with feedback to help you move towards your goals
- Get connected with like-minded colleagues