CIRES Members' Council
The CIRES Members' Council (CMC) was created in 1997 to act as an information and policy conduit between CIRES' leadership and the Institute's Members (Associate Scientists, Research Scientists, and Administrative Associates).
The Council represents the interests of all CIRES Members with respect to CIRES governance, scientific direction, and the day-to-day workplace environment. As a representative group made up of CIRES Members, it is tasked with:
- Representing the concerns of the CIRES Membership by bringing issues to the attention of the CIRES administration;
- Working to improve the lines of communication within and between all CIRES units;
- Providing a means of Member participation in CIRES governance and a voice on committees and working groups which form the core of that governance;
- Contributing to the process which determines CIRES' research direction and areas of research;
- Fostering a positive workplace environment and Members' connection with CIRES by facilitating Members' understanding of their roles within CIRES.
The CIRES Members Council provides the opportunity for service as well as career enhancement, benefiting representatives and constituents alike.
CIRES Members Council Meeting
The CIRES Members Council will meet via ZOOM. Please contact Mistia Zuckerman to request information to join the meeting. All CIRES employees are welcome to attend.View Event